I can hardly believe 2017 has come to an end. How does time go by so quickly? Looking back at this year in review, it’s crazy to think that just 10 short months ago, Nicole and I started our Style Scoop journey together. We launched feet first with no hesitation and no idea what we were doing. It was a leap of faith with two passionate souls coming together to try something different. We found harmony and balance in running this business and most importantly we’ve had the best time doing it! We coached each other along with loads of encouragement, fits of laughter, some disappointment, a lot of surprises, and most of all a partnership that worked beautifully and successfully.
Some things that changed through the year ::
- Photography – We started off with a professional photographer that took our first few rounds of photos. After reviewing our expenses, we decided to save our money and try at shooting each other. We both feel pretty good about how our photos have turned out, but we still have lots to learn.
- Inventory – We started buying more than 6 pieces of a style. It’s scary owning inventory and not knowing if people are going to like your taste in clothing. We hand pick each piece for our collection and took a leap of faith on several pieces after our launch. Some worked, and some need a little extra attention with styling.
- Location – We went from sharing a room in my house with my two girls and their toys, to renting a space in a small house in Hendersonville. This has been amazing on so many levels I could write a blog post about it!
- Remixing – Our original plan was to remix each piece several ways. Some styles we were able to get outfitted and shot, and some sold so fast we never had the chance to get it photographed. It’s still our main goal for 2018 and hope we can continue to offer you outfit inspiration.
- Happiness – I can’t tell you how much JOY I’ve found this year styling women again and seeing so many friends, acquaintances, and even strangers wearing our pieces. Taking the focus off of me and turning it back to why I started this journey has been more rewarding than I ever thought possible.
Below are some of our favorite outfits from this past year. Some are still in stock and some are our favorite pieces that sold out quicker than we expected.
Some things we plan on expanding for 2018 ::
- More clothes and more outfits – well of course! We are headed to Dallas Market in a few short weeks and can’t wait to share what we find and buy!
- Include video content – I am terrified of being in front of the camera, but Nicole and I are going to make a commitment to offer style tutorials and even share more instastories on what new is happening with the Scoop.
- More social media posts – We try not to overwhelm you with Scoop stuff, but we want to inspire you and make sure you are in the know. We are planning on posting a few times daily so you hear from one or both of us on new arrivals or new ways to wear our pieces.
- Authenticity – as always we will continue to bring our passion and styling expertise to you with integrity. We aim to offer you the best in fashion trends at affordable prices plus ways to wear items you buy through our site.
So thank you for sticking around with us and hope you stay awhile. This is our year to grow even more and help create an even more stylish YOU for 2018!
Jackie and Nicole